Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dottie's True Blue Cafe

I met up with my friend Dave on Friday to check out Dottie's at their new 6th St location. It's definitely a bigger, better space that the one on Jones St, but some might still be weary of where it's situated.  Nevertheless, it didn't bother me, and the food is still good. 

While waiting in line I was torn on what baked good I was going to try, and our server suggested the crumb cake.  I would have liked to have more blackberries (you can barely see any from the photo), and it was a little dry towards the bottom.  The rum infused whipped cream was a good accompaniment.  It was good, but not as good as I was expecting it to be. 




 




We then spilt the grilled chili-cheddar cornbread with jalapeno jelly which is always good, but I would of liked it grilled just a bit longer on the bottom.  We really enjoyed the slightly spicy and sweet jelly that goes with it. 

I decided to go for a spinach, mushroom and cheddar cheese omlette.  A little skimpy on the veg, but it was still tasty.  I love the buttermilk dill bread it comes with!

Dave opted for the Open Road, which comes with everything - juice, 2 eggs, choice of meat and pancakes or french toast (he decided on Dottie's signature whole wheat buttermilk, spiced with ginger and cinnamon).



Needless to say, I was stuffed after eating all this food.  I actually only had 2 bites of crumb cake and brought it home for the family to try (Mav loved it)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment