Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

PIZZA! PIZZA!

Pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods.  I would eat it more often, if it wasn't so fattening!  Needless to say, during my last trip Chicago, I decided I would forgo my restrictions and eat as much Chicago-style deep dish pizza as possible within a 5 day span!  Here is the list, in order of preference. 

Lou Malnati's - The "Lou" contains spinach, mushrooms, topped with tomatoes and little cheddar cheese.  My favorite I must say.  The crust is a bit crispy on the outside while remaining tender on the inside.  I also love the fact that I could order a personal size for dinner.  So yummy, I went back on my last day to bring frozen pies back to SF.


Gino's East - Spinach & Cheese.  Their crust is super crunchy and golden color with lots of cornmeal.  Not like any other crust I've had before, but I really liked it.  Unfortunately, they only sell personal size pizzas at lunch, so I had to buy a small (4 slices).  Too much to eat in one night, but I surely wasn't going to waste it and finished it the next day!   I found out that they have frozen pizzas available at my local Lucky store - though not as good as hot and fresh from the source!


Uno's - Mushroom & Garlic. A decent pizza, tender crust with some crunch to it.  It could have been cooked a minute or two longer as I would have liked this just a bit more crispy on the outside.  This was 3rd on the list.  I went for lunch on my last day, so I was able to get a personal size. 


Giodano's - Spinach (Stuffed Crust).  My least favorite of the 4.  Super doughy, dry crust and lacking in flavor.  I think there was just TOO much in this pizza, and the middle top layer of dough was not fully cooked.  That ruined it for me.  No personal size available, so I had to buy a small (10", 6 slices).


So, if you are ever in Chicago, make sure you try some Chicago-style deep dish at least once! 

No comments:

Post a Comment